Search
Generic filters
View over the Belchen summit
View over the Belchen summit

Ballon

Capacity:

Characteristics

Location: Schonau
Suitable for prams: ja

At 1.414 meters, the Belchen is the third highest elevation in the Black Forest. The bare mountain top of the Belchen is particularly striking.

The Belchen with its bare mountain top seen from the blue. With more than 300.000 visitors annually, the Belchen is one of the most popular excursion destinations in the southern Black Forest. The top of the Belchen is in the territory of the municipalities Munster Valley, Schonau and Neuenweg.

Belchen nature reserve
Because of the rare fauna and flora, the Belchen was placed under nature protection as early as 1949. The nature reserve was expanded in 1993 and is now one of the largest protected areas in Baden-Württemberg with an area of ​​around 1.600 hectares.

Many rare species of butterflies, beetles and birds can be found in the high elevations of the Belchen. Typical birds are common raven, song thrush, lemon girlitz and water pipit, but also peregrine falcon, Capercaillie and hazel grouse can be found on the Belchen.

Relics from the last Ice Age that can only be found in the Alps have been preserved among the plants. These include Swiss bellflower, mountain rose or Swiss dandelion. There is also a large number of rare species of lichen.

Belchen cable car

The Belchen cable car travels with eight-person cabins from the valley station in Schönau-Multen to the mountain station at 1.356 meters above sea level. A height difference of 1.150 meters is overcome over a length of 262 meters. The cabins were originally made for the cable car at the Expo 2000 in Hanover.

Website www.belchen-seilbahn.de

Ballon

Belchen-Seilbahn GmbH + Co.KG
Belchen 1
79677 Schönenberg

Tel: 0 76 73/88 82 80
Fax: 0 76 73 / 2 01
info@belchen-seilbahn.de

More on the topic:
Neuried
View of Rammersweier. The Lindenhöhe is located in the Neuried district. Facts and figures about Lindenhöhe
Sasbachwalden
The Staubenhof Mühle is located directly on the L86 from Sasbachwalden to the Black Forest High Road B500. The half-timbered grain mill was built in 1789 by court builder Andreas Straub
Neubulach
Mining around Neubulach began almost 1000 years ago, at the time of the final settlement of the Black Forest in the 11th century. At first only