Logo Black Forest Portal
Search
Close this searchbox.
St. Trudpert Monastery

St.Trudpert Monastery

82 Add to favorites Remove from favorites

Content:

Characteristics

Location: Munster Valley
Suitable for prams: ja

Around the year 800 the first Benedictine monastery of St. Trudpert on the right bank of the Rhine was built in honor of St. Trudpert at his place of death.

For almost a thousand years, up to secularization in 1806, the monastery was always the cultural, political, ecclesiastical and economic center of the valley and at the same time the starting point for Christianization in the southern Black Forest.