Search
Generic filters
Baroque church of St. Peter
Baroque church of St. Peter

Baroque church of St. Peter

Capacity:

Add to favorites Remove from favorites

Characteristics

Location: St.. Peter
Suitable for prams: ja

Integrated into the rectangle of the monastery complex, the Baroque church, built between 1724-1727, rises almost majestically over the village.

The builder from Voralberg, Peter Thumb, was responsible for the construction.

He created a church building that belongs to the style of late baroque architecture around 1700. The interior impression is dominated by the white painted surfaces. Frescoes and altars, on the other hand, have a complementary effect.

This house of God was dedicated to Saint Peter. The apostle is the patron saint.

Shortly after entering the church, the viewer's eyes inevitably turn to the high altar. This altar has 8 changing pictures,
which are exchanged according to the church year.

The church was built as a monastery and parish church. This can be seen very clearly on the large choir grille, which separates the front part of the church, the so-called choir room (previously reserved for monks!) From the larger part, the parish church. While the Benedictine monks enter the choir room in the so-called choir stalls, the people of St. Peter were given their own parish altar with tabernacle, the Sebastian Altar (right side). On the left side of the nave, there is the Marien Altar with a reliquary.

Baroque church of St. Peter

Parish of St Peter
Monastery courtyard 2
79271 St. Peter

More on the topic:
Oppenau
The Buchkopfturm is a lookout tower in the Oppenau area and not far from the B500. From the Buchkopf tower you have a wonderful view over the Black Forest,
Haigerloch
The castle was first mentioned in 1095 and was probably owned by Count von Wiesneck and went into operation in the middle of the 12th century
Rear angular perennials
The Siblinger Randenturm is located in the area around Hintere Winkelstauden. It is 19m high and offers a wonderful all-round view. At 790.0m above the
Feldberg
The Southern Black Forest Nature Conservation Center Since 2001, the most modern nature conservation center in the state of Baden-Württemberg has been located at the foot of the Feldberg in the Black Forest in the House of Nature in the Southern Black Forest.