Generic filters

Simplicissimus House, Renchen



Location: Renchen

Johann Jakob Christoph von Grimmelshausen was mayor of Renchen from 1667 until his death in 1676, where he was also buried. At the same time he is one of the creators of the fashionable novel in German. In 1668/69 his "Adventurous Simplicissimus Teutsch" appears, a book that is now undisputedly considered world literature and that deals with the events of the Thirty Years' War. It is one of the most readable books from the 17th century.

The Simplicissimus House is a museum about the history of the reception of Johann Jakob Christoph von Grimmelshausen. The main concern is the dialogue between modernity and history. That is why the Simplicissimus House is mainly occupied by modern art with the subject of Johann Jakob Christoph von Grimmelshausen. The occupation ranges from Max Klinger to Ernst Barlach to contemporary artists like Claus Arnols, who lives in Hornburg, or Udo Claaßen, who lives in Itzehoe near Hamburg. The city of Renchen already has an extensive collection of such evidence of reception history. This collection is to be expanded further.

The Simplicissimus house is located right next to the Renchen town hall and opposite the historic restaurant "Zum Bären". In the middle of the square is the bronze statue "Der Jäger von Soest", erected in 1977 by Giacomo Manzù, which vividly depicts an episode from Grimmelshausen's main work, the "adventurous Simplicissimus".

The Simplicissimus House is open to everyone. The sponsor of the Simplicissimus House is the association ?? Grimmelshausen Friends ?? based in Renchen. The city and the Grimmelshausen Archive Foundation help maintain the house.

More on the topic:
At the gates of Stuttgart, in the midst of blooming nature, is Tripsdrill ?? Germany's first adventure park. On 77 hectares, visitors will find over 100 original attractions. Round
The Hünersedelturm is located in the district of Kenzingen. The tower was built and inaugurated back in 2004. At 744.0m above sea level
Get into the cultural and historical silver mine. Temperature 8 ° c Humidity 95 to 98% RH The visitor mine can be visited in several levels of difficulty
Discover an authentic piece of the Black Forest in the Schlüchtsee nature reserve. The Schlüchtsee is located near Grafenhausen near the Rothaus brewery. The bathing lake was created artificially and