The historic town of Glatt lies on the eastern edge of the Black Forest.
It is easy to reach from both the B 14 and the A 81 motorway.
The center of the village is the imposing castle complex, which attracts visitors from far away. The current appearance of the moated castle, one of the best preserved castle complexes in Baden-Württemberg, is largely shaped by renovations in the 16th century. In the period from 1533 to 1547, the then owner, Reinhard von Neuneck (approx. 1475 ?? 1551), had the late medieval moated castle redesigned into one of the earliest Renaissance castles in Germany.
After various changes of ownership ?? In 1803 the rule of Glatt fell from the prince abbey of Muri (in Aargau) to the princes of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen ?? The palace complex became the property of the municipality of Glatt in 1970/71. Since the incorporation of Glatt in 1975, the moated castle has been owned by the city of Sulz am Neckar.
The palace complex was built in 1973 ?? 1989 completely refurbished. In 1998 ?? In 2001 the moated castle was expanded for museum purposes and opened in November 2001 as the culture and museum center Schloss Glatt. The sponsors are the city of Sulz am Neckar and the district of Rottweil. The “KMZ Schloss Glatt” brings together four museum facilities: the aristocracy museum (with armory), the castle museum, the art museum Galerie Schloss Glatt and the farmer's museum, which has existed since 1996.
An informative “museum trail” awaits the visitors ?? and beyond that, a varied cultural program.