Palaces, castles and ruins

Palaces and castles in the Black Forest

Whether castles from the age of knights, palaces of princes and rulers - you will surely find a suitable destination in the list.

Neuenbürg
Neuenbürg Castle: The Adventure Castle in the Northern Black Forest Neuenbürg Castle in the Upper Enz Valley is an attractive excursion destination for the whole family. The one integrated in the museum
Seelbach
The Hohengeroldseck castle ruins are located in Seelbach in the Schönberg district. The small but nice themed trail with stations for children all about knight life on the
Rastatt
Rastatt Castle and the garden were built in 1700 - 1707 by the Italian court architect Domenico Egidio Rossi on behalf of Margrave Ludwig Wilhelm von Baden.
Maulbronn
Maulbronn Monastery is an impressive document of the Cistercian culture and the best preserved medieval monastery north of the Alps. In 1997 the 850th anniversary was celebrated. The monastery
Smooth
The historic town of Glatt lies on the eastern edge of the Black Forest. It is accessible from both the B 14 and the A 81 motorway
Lörrach
Rötteln Castle is located near Lörrach above the Haagen district. Colloquially, the castle is also called Röttler Schloss. The third largest castle ruin in Baden was once one
Küssaberg
The Küssaburg castle ruins are located on a summit (634 m) in Bechtersbohl, a district of Küssaberg. The ruin is one of the most important monuments on the Upper Rhine
Haigerloch
The castle was first mentioned in 1095 and was probably owned by Count von Wiesneck and went into operation in the middle of the 12th century
Durbach
The walls that are enthroned on the prominent rock nose, the Staufenberg in Durbach, are visible from afar. They have been looking from here for 1000 years
Staufen
The Staufens castle ruins, which are enthroned above the city, are a 15-minute walk away. Former seat of the barons of Staufen, who also used the magician
Bad Teinach-Zavelstein
Built around 1200 as a Stauferburg, Zavelstein Castle was acquired by Benjamin Buwinghausen von Wallmerode in 1616. The castle was built by the ducal master builder Heinrich Schickhardt