Almost 200 years ago, in 1825, the Hexenlochmühle was built. It is located in the witch hole between St. Märgen and Furtwangen. The Black Forest mill, built as a sawmill, is romantically embedded in the narrow valley and can be visited. The two mill wheels are powered by the water from the Heuchbach.
The Hexenlochmühle has been owned by the fourth generation of the “Trenkle” family since 1839. Next to a restaurant, there are sales rooms from Schwarzwalder Cuckoo and original souvenirs in the Black Forest Mill.
Image courtesy of Stefan Asal - Datacreate Asal